Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dragon Threads Gift Workshop

For the second year in a row, my friend Vicki and I made Christmas presents for our dear friends. It feels GREAT! Of course, I couldn't post what I was doing before or our friends would know what they were getting.

Our projects didn’t take much time. We started organizing what we needed this fall, completing out our lovely gifts little by little. We didn’t feel pressured at all. In fact, these projects are a great way to use up some of that fabric you have in your stash. Believe me, that feels good, too.

We used a terrific (and free!) pattern from Beth Wheeler, changing just a little.  I made about 20 of these "padfolios". They honestly they don't take more than an hour or so to make. I had so much fun coordinating fabrics from my huge stash. It was surprising how many things went together perfectly. Here is the link to the project:

Padfolio by Beth Wheeler from the C&T Publishing Blog (a great source of neat project ideas). Here’s hers:

 

Here’s mine:

I made the following changes:

  1. I cut a 4" sq of fabric,pressed it on the diagonal and tucked it in the corner for a business card holder.  That is also where I attached my label.
  2. To cover the top of the pad of paper, I pressed a piece of steam-a-seam 2 about the size of 2.5" x 5.5" to the back of fabric, then cut it down to 2" x 5" and peeled off the paper backing and pressed it over the paper top of the notepad and folded it over to the back. I didn't like seeing the store brand name when I opened up the book.
  3. Also the zigzag were length of  0.4 and width of 3.0 for the first pass and then 3.7 for the second pass.

Here is the inside of mine (Sorry! The label is blurry):

inside portfolio

Vicki and I had such a good time these past two years that we’ve already started planning next year’s gifts, made and delivered of course with love. I

Last year’s project was a bag from an Indygo Junction pattern.

If you can’t recall from yesterday, here’s how they turned out:

colorful bags

Later this month I’m going to post a couple of good ideas to use as inspiration for next year.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. Thanks. Also, check this out if you are looking for professional website or logo design services:


    Buy Logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I read your blog. It's very helpful for me and such a very unique blog thanks for sharing it with us. If you want the best law dissertation writing services then visit our site with a 7O% discount. I expect you will be satisfied with our service.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
]