Monday, June 20, 2011

And the Winners Are…

At the National Quilting Association show, all the quilts were winners but some got ribbons!

Our author, Barbara Olson, who wrote Journey of an Art Quilter had an honorable mention ribbon on this gorgeous quilt!

IMG_4064

When I saw it, I whipped out my cell phone to call Barb and she didn’t know that she won so it was a joy to inform her!  As always the detail is incredible and doesn’t show in image.

Then many of you are familiar with my friend, new art quilter, Beth Schillig who seems to win in every show she enters!  This little piece called Mocha Dot was a Sew Batik challenge and she won the sponsor’s award, which made Beth very happy!

IMG_4082 IMG_4081

This has so much detail and different techniques/stitch work in it that when I first saw it, I kept tracing places with my finger…that’s a sure sign of interesting qualities. Congrats Beth!

Here is another big ribbon winner by Mark Sherman that is inspired by a Louis Comfort Tiffany window and was filled with so much detail…fabulous!

IMG_4096

 

IMG_4097

This one of a girl holding her chicken was so lifelike and one of my favorites.

 IMG_4069

IMG_4070

Snapshot:Shannon’s Bantam by Denise Havlan.

Stay tuned for more of the NQA show in next post. Next year, make sure a stop in Columbus is on your calendar for this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
]