Friday, May 23, 2014

National Quilting Assoc Show

Spring came late this year in central Ohio but the NQA show came early!  Fair trade off!

It’s great to see a fresh crop of beautiful quilts spring up in the convention center! Always a great day trip with fellow quilters to enjoy browsing and shopping!

The best of show winners were quilts that I had seen only online so I was glad to get a chance to see them in person! Of course, the Pat Holly quilt was so incredible and all were just amazed at the tiny pieces and the beautiful total effect she achieved using silk.

DSC00922DSC00919DSC00920

And then as if one award winning quilt in a show isn’t enough….Marilyn Badger of Utah had TWO! Both were just covered in fantastic free-motion stitching!

DSC00928DSC00927DSC00936

This quilt below by Claudia Pfeil of Germany is one of my favorites!  I love the fern shapes and all the detail of the quilting is mesmerizing!

DSC00914DSC00915

DSC00916

One of my favorite quilters, Megan Farkas of New Hampshire had a beautiful new quilt here with 3-D flower petals. I just love this Japanese theme.

DSC00886DSC00887

The first quilt I saw when entering the hall was this dragon one! And since I am partial to dragons, I loved it!  Stitched by Nancy Arseneault of Arizona, it has a great name, The Quilt with the Dragon Tattoo!

DSC00877

DSC00879

One of the most interesting Best of Show quilts was this golden icon by Laurie Tigner.

DSC00930DSC00933

DSC00931

And last but not least….my dear friend Beth Schillig won a ribbon for her new Fibonacci quilt design!

DSC00904

Yes, it was annoying that the name tags were pinned to the main body of the work! It should have been pinned to the bottom edge and not cover so much of the quilt!

More pics in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
]