Thursday, October 30, 2014

QUILT MARKET PART 1

This is my 21st year going to Market in Houston, I believe. I didn’t go every year and missed a few but not many! Time flew again but it was fun with my authors , Philippa Naylor, Jane Sassaman and a visit with Noriko Endo!

IMG_1850

Our booth looked beautiful! So colorful with the banners!

Philippa’s quilt, Bird by Bird, featured in her new book, Applique Mastery was on display in the Exhibition Hall!  She added the hearts and circles in the border after we photographed it for the book so that was new to see! It’s a spectacular piece!

IMG_1960

IMG_1961

In the mornings I walked the exhibits with Jane Sassaman and look what we found! A quilt from Jane’s book, Patchwork Sassaman Style!

IMG_1849

And there was a beautiful confetti quilt by Noriko Endo from her book, Confetti Naturescapes.

IMG_1950IMG_1952

Also many nice quilts from students of Noriko’s that were amazing!

IMG_1943IMG_1944IMG_1945

IMG_1956IMG_1959IMG_1957

One of the more unusual displays was this Dinner at 8 which was very clever.

IMG_2023IMG_2024IMG_2025IMG_2026

And this french quilting style called Boutis that is white on white trapunto style. It was displayed on a box with light inside so you could really see the detail of this fantastic replica of a medieval design.

IMG_1879IMG_1880IMG_1881IMG_1882IMG_1883

At my booth, I met artist Lea McComas who has just self published a book about her photo to quilt style called Thread Painted Portraits. She had two quilts from her book in the hall and they both won prizes!! Well deserved!  I ordered the book!

If you want to see all the winning quilts in this year’s IQA show, click on this link.

In my next post, I will share more pictures of some of the quilts that I liked at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
]