Sunday, April 19, 2015

The pink dress

DSC04675

After many days of cataloging my fabric stash by measuring, taking photo and inputing yardage and details onto my ipad app, I think we are finally finished.  My newly retired friend spent a lot of time helping me with this huge task! I think she learned so much that she could be hired at Joann’s now!  This photo is only half of the boxes in the studio and shows none stashed under the stairs and in the back room!

It was good to see old forgotten fabric cuts with a new eye and I even pulled some aside to use soon…shock!  Among the cuts is this linen/cotton blend that is hot pink, the favorite color of my friend. We both shop for nice summer dresses on sale every year so I offered to make her a summer dress and she chose this Mc Call’s 7118 pattern.

DSC04674

DSC04672 DSC04673

Project #14 for this year!

It’s very simple and only took a few hours so it’s a good beginner pattern. I love the back strap detail.  It fits her perfectly and she loves it. What a difference to sew a size 6!!  Now we wait until the weather is warm enough to wear it in Ohio.

While looking for more fabric in the back room I found some beautiful blue linen which would be enough for a dress with matching jacket…so let’s see what pattern she selects next.

 

2 comments:

ShareThis

 
]