Monday, September 27, 2010

Homage to Klee by Leonie Castelino

I received an email and photo from Leonie Castelino, American Fiber Artist from Mahwah, New Jersey, who is showing her Contemporary Pojagi: ‘Homage to Klee’ in the European Patchwork Meeting Show in Alsace, France. Her work will be published in the Catalog that includes the International Artists for the ‘Pojagi & Beyond 2010’.

‘Homage to Klee’, 24” wide by 60” long, is pieced in one of the traditional pojagi seams – marubekki – which is a fell seam or a double seam. The material used is silk organza from Korea and India. Organza from each country is unique in its weight, weave and ‘hand’ or feel. All the colored squares and rectangles in are Korean silk organza.

Gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks to Leonie for sharing the with me and my readers!

(picture courtesy Leonie Castelino)

1 comment:

  1. I love Klee and I love pojagi - this piece of art is so elegant and beautiful. it reminds me of a kimono hanging up on a proper kimono hanger; but it's also like a waterfall. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
]