Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Quilt Market Part III

Last June I tried long-arm quilting and discovered I’m more of a mid-arm woman. Ever since I took a class on the mid-arm Handi-Quilter machine, I’ve been looking at quilting patterns very carefully. In Houston this year I had plenty of gorgeous quilts to study. So much inspiration! Although I'm a long, long way from duplicating any of this master stitching, I’m determined to hone my skills. Look at these amazing quilts:

Whimsical, by Claudia Clark Meyers

IMG_2836

Our Divine Miss Beetle, by Sonia Grasvik

IMG_2839

Multiple Personalities, by Cynthia Goodwin

IMG_2861

 

IMG_2873

These quilts bowled me over with their use of color. Simply beautiful:

Harvest Tie-me, Frances Krupka

IMG_2833 

Joyful Garden, by Stephanie Nordlin

IMG_2841

Ring Around the Aloe, by Lois Podolny

IMG_2847

 

IMG_2871 

I am looking forward to next year’s trip to Houston already! I promise to take more photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
]