Friday, May 27, 2011

Yarn Paradise!

IMG_3780

I spent three glorious hours in the showroom/warehouse of Yarnmarket in Pickerington, OH last week! They are a mail order yarn business that lets walk-ins shop their warehouse and it is half an hour from Columbus.  I took my friend Chris to explore and we were in HEAVEN!

IMG_3783

It was my first time there also and besides all the gorgeous yarn from every yarn vendor all over the world….they had a library/shop of foreign knitting magazines!!!! Years of them…..the ones I used to get in France and the ones I made my husband get me from Germany and the Italian ones…ALL of them!  Better than Disneyland!  It took hours to go through just those magazines and the American ones and Chris found 5 she wanted.

Then she needed to find the yarn to go with the 2 sweaters she chose….oohh, the selection! The showroom has one skein of each type of yarn….after you fondle them and select, then you can go to the bin in the warehouse and see the available colors and quantity. We were up the ladder, down the ladder, up the ladder! 

IMG_3779

I will just go there next time I have a knitting project since the selection is so large and if you can’t find it there, then it doesn’t exist!  So, if you are coming to OHIO for the quilting shows and have an interest in yarn, it’s a MUST SEE destination….bring your credit card! It won’t disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. That would be a store, I wouldn't mind shopping in;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
]